Flower Power!

Today sees a new challenge over on the Sugar Bowl with the optional theme of "Flower Power".
Should you choose to follow the theme you can interpret this as you wish...maybe using a Sugar Nellie image which includes a flower, or by picking floral papers, or you could embellish with a beautiful array of fabric and paper flowers. 
The Sweeties have created a stunning selection of cards for your inspiration...


Fiona has gone all out with the Flower Power theme! The Gorgeous Girls image is an excellent choice. 
"If you're going to San Fransisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair"
Swinging sixties, free love, peace man, and all that...throw in some pretty floral papers and embellies and it's pretty much perfect!


Kiki has used the very cute image Peek-a-boo (sorry this is all sold out again!) and embellished her card with a gorgeous array of paper flowers. 
I so wish I could arrange embellishments so beautifully, whenever I try it always ends up looking a right old mess!

And Erika....there is nothing I can say about your card with Pippi Longsocks on except PERFECT!
Yes, you all know how much I luvs this little lady :)
I never use black card for mounting but it looks amazing and really makes everything pop!
(I will steal that idea) And I have to say that this card looks very, very nice sitting on my mantlepiece...thank you Sweetie, I will cherish her :)

Don't forget to pop back tomorrow as there will be another hop from our fabulous DT to showcase the newest release AND the stamps will also go on sale tomorrow at Funky Kits!!

Thanks for looking.
Love Elaine xx

5 comments:

Pamela Bagdonas said...

I think these are simply adorable...I love the ability to think outside of the "box" with the backgrounds and etc. I get a lot of inspiration from here I just use smaller cards so cant do all that you do and I am a "match it up" person. :( limits me. love the cards........

Pamela Bagdonas said...

I just simply love your stamps and cards....come as often as I can to just admire. wish mine were as good.

Doris knippenenplakken said...

Wat een super plezante prachtige kaart.
Heel mooi !
Groetjes
Doris

Shazza said...

beautiful cards, especially Pippi x

Sharon said...

Such gorgeous cards and wonderful colouring. Just started following your blog, so will be back soon to admire more of your work.
Love Sharon. x