A mother's day card with Nathan


Hello dear Sugar Nellie Fans!

I hope all the moms among you had a wonderful mother's day on sunday and you were all spoiled as you deserve it!
I know mother's day is celebrated on different dates all over the world but since it was mother's day this sunday here in Germany - and in the US also - I just have to share a mother's day card with you.

I used NATHAN for this one. It's the first mother's day card I made using a boy's image but I really love it.

I often get mails or comments about my coloring skills but honestly, this time this honor has to go to the image itself. Those beautiful Simply Adorable images are so wonderful in the way they are drawn. They show exactly where the darkest areas of the image have to be, how to color the pleats in clothes... I only used a very small amount of Copics to color that image and just followed the guideline the drawing gives you. I used a dark tone for the darkest areas that have kind of black lines in the drawing, a middle tone for the light grey areas and a very light tone for the white areas. It's really as easy as 1-2-3!

I wasn't sure if the papers weren't too girl-ish but when I put the card together I thought it was perfect for mother's day. I used some craft cardstock to mat the papers and also had to use some Crackle Paint on the paper edges, combined with some distressing that I most times only use for men's cards. 

I am wishing all of you a wonderful sunny and spring-ish day!

Hugs,




5 comments:

Astrid said...

Stunning card Kathrin, love the colors you've used, lovely digi !!

hugs Astrid xxx

Unknown said...

wow beautiful card love the pastels superb sassyx

Vicky said...

Beautiful Kathrin...

big hugs Vicky xx

Unknown said...

Yes the image is amazing. But your work here is fantastic. I am one of this admirers of your talent I look forward to your post each and every time. I thank you.
Hugs tammy

CaroleAnn said...

Kathrin
This is just beautiful and I am so glad I found Sugar Nellie - love the images! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent! Hugs ~ CaroleAnn