a touch of Gold and Black...

Good morning everyone Its my turn today to show you some lushness from the House of Sugar...I hope your not all suffering with this terrible weather the heavens opened a few days ago here and it hasn't dried up since, you would wonder how a sky could hold that much sogginess...isn't it amazing the things we forget we have in our stash...I had forgotten all about this beautiful Home Grown Manga stamp called Goldilocks...look at all that lush now who could forget this beauty...I used some gorgeous lush paper from Fancy Pants All Fall range for her, the colours are just perfect for all that hair which I painted gold...I also picked up all the blue in the paper and used blue buttons to make it stand out more...this fantastic chipboard sentiment I found at the bottom of a box and it just went perfectly with the paper don't you think...so have a rummage in all your forgotten boxes and stash places you never know what you will find...my next card is using another of the stunning Fairy Glen release, I love this new collection don't you, and of course some of them make the most gorgeous Christmas cards too...I love it when I can use a stamp for more than one occasion...this little darling is called Let Them Eat Cake, the paper I used is another Fancy Pants design but all I had was just a scrap so to make it stand out for the sketch I added some plain black card as a contrast...I often add something like this to scraps to make the colours pop and to separate layers, have a go it really works and of course it doesn't have to be black...I as always coloured my two beauties with distress inks...both these are available at Funky Kits of course...right I'm off to hibernate until it stops raining...if you don't hear from me on my blog for more than a day send help...keep safe everyone and have a wonderful day
Mina xxx

11 comments:

Chrissy said...

Two gorgeous cards Mina, love her hair on the first one, gorgeous, and the placement of buttons, very effective, the gingham bow is very striking on the second, really lovely.
Colour box was a site I tripped on from NZ...but I cant find it now, google sends me somewhere else, so maybe not typing clear enough, will keep trying.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Irene said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

Irene

Karen said...

Two beautiful creations hun. And yup we have the rain down in the south too.
I'm in need of clearing my craft space so that I can create. Lol.
Love your cards.xx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabby cards Mina, simply beautiful.

thanks for sharng

Ali x

Erika said...

Great cards.
Hugs Erika.

Pat said...

Hey Miz Mina...well, you rocked BOTH of these cards, girlfriend!! I have to admit...I'm sort of liking the Mangas now that I've inked one up! hehehe! I think I may have to do some more shopping at Funky Kits! Thanks for the info on the DPs you used too...may have to order some of those too! Ooooohhh...I'm in so much trouble! (I'll tell my hubby that it's all YOUR fault! hehehe!) Hugs...Pat Frank

Janette said...

Hi Mina, Both cards are gorgeous...as per....lol....pretty images and also,as per....those papers...wow....xxx

Shazza said...

these are fab Mina, love them. Hope youare drying out x

Mau xx said...

these are both gorgeous Mina, The buttons are great, I love the first image as it reminds me of my Grandaughter She had hair this colour and she could sit on it till she was 14 and then thought it was too much bother :((
Mind she does own Horses and it was always full of Straw as well....lol

Rufus said...

I've always liked the stamp you used in your first card...you did a great job with her! The second is lovely too. Hope that you aren't growing mold! Stay warm and dry and crafty!
R/

Paula (PEP) said...

It's the second one that really thrills me - especially with the way her wing & feet extend beyond the image panel & your use of black to accent & mat with.
Paula (PEP)