Distressed!!

And maybe at my age you could also call me vintage?

Over on the Sugar Bowl is a new challenge with a fab sketch done by the lovely Erika. Along with a sketch for you to follow is always a theme, which is optional, and for this challenge the theme is distressed/vintage.
There are many ways you can interpret 'distressed' from simply adding ink to the edges of your papers to ripping the papers or 'roughing up' the edges with specifically made tools or just a pair of scissors.


And here is Erika's fab card, a beautiful distressed and vintage look to this one. This is a digi image called Melissa and available to instantly download HERE.


This is Ali's card, and she's gone with the softer approach and distressed all the papers edges to make a very pretty and delicate card with the Sassy image Party Frills which you can buy HERE.


And here is Tiets wonderful card and this one has torn paper..I need to take medication just thinking about ripping and tearing - I'm such a big wuss! Using the Manga image Honey Bee available to buy HERE.

Karen's prize for the winner of this challenge is a wonderful 'Steampunk' themed goody bag, and steampunk is very much in vogue not only in the crafting world but it also has a huge following in the fashion world too.
The full details of the prize and the rules of entry can be found over on the Sugar Bowl Blog.
I look forward to seeing all your entries so get inky and come and play!
Thanks for looking.
Love Elaine xx

4 comments:

Jane said...

Wow beautiful cards ladies, I break out into a cold sweat just thinking about distressed but I must take a deep breath and give it a go one day.

Shazza said...

wonderful cards ladies x

Juls said...

so fab to see so many takes on the distressed look!!! fab work from all the girls as always!! Hugs Juls

Paula (PEP) said...

This is such a good intro for Distressed Beginners - I can remember puzzling over the term myself. It is so good for me to see official examples of the different takes too. As for tearing - oh dear... I'll join you in the medication.
Brilliant Elaine.
Paula (PEP)